Keep your stain removal boards clean and well-organized with these tips:Organization
- Place the agents in order according to category to minimize the risk of picking up the wrong agent.
- Separate dryside agents from wetside agents.
- Separate tannin (acid) agents from alkaline agents.
- Keep special stain removal agents such as acetone, commercial ink removers, two-in-one formulas, and bleaches separate from the everyday stain removal agents.
- Clean the stain removal board by wiping down the bottles and stain removal tray with a damp cloth.
- Wipe down the working surface, the edges, and the underside of the board. Weekly Maintenance
- Remove and wash the fabric (or metal) tray cover.
- Remove the perforated screen and wipe all areas down with a damp cloth including the screen itself.
- Pour one cup of hot, sudsy water into the vacuum hole while depressing the vacuum pedal. The dirty water in the waste receptacle must be disposed of as hazardous waste.
Keeping the stain removal area clean and organized will prevent additional staining and will make choosing the right chemical a snap.