“DLI understands the importance of communication and staying connected. As an association, DLI’s foremost purpose it so bring peer member cleaners together to provide training and facilitate relationship-building opportunities. DLI has re-tooled how these things happen by developing new virtual meeting opportunities and courses for members.”
- John Albert, Citywide Cleaners | Prince Albert's Tuxedos | Albert's Cleaners, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Priceless Networking OpportunitiesOn-Demand Webinar LibraryGarment Analysis Lab & AppEncyclopedia of DrycleaningStain Removal Instructions AppEffortless Social Media ProgramEffortless Website ProgramOnline Marketing Video SeriesTechnical Help LineReady-Made Social Post ArchiveMoney-Saving PartnershipsFabricare Membership MagazineMarketing Email SeriesFree Legal ServicesFree Human Resources HelpConsumer Brochures20% Off DLI Products & Services20% Off DLI CoursesListing on DLI's Find a Cleaner SiteWindow Decal
- Join Now
- Priceless Networking OpportunitiesOn-Demand Webinar LibraryGarment Analysis Lab & AppTechnical Help LineReady-Made Social Post ArchiveMoney-Saving PartnershipsFabricare Membership MagazineFree Legal ServicesFree Human Resources HelpConsumer BrochuresListing on DLI's Find a Cleaner SiteWindow Decal
- Join Now
- Priceless Networking OpportunitiesUnlimited Free DLI CoursesUnlimited Free Garment AnalysisUnlimited Free Access To All DLI ServicesOn-Demand Webinar LibraryEncyclopedia of DrycleaningStain Removal Instructions AppEffortless Website ProgramEffortless Social Media ProgramOnline Marketing Video SeriesTechnical Help LineAccess to DLI's Money Saving PartnershipsFabricare Membership MagazineWeekly Marketing Email SeriesFree Legal ServicesFree Human Resources HelpConsumer BrochuresListing on DLI's Find a Cleaner SiteWindow Decal
- Join Now
- Priceless Networking OpportunitiesOn-Demand Webinar LibraryGarment Analysis Laboratory & AppEncyclopedia of DrycleaningStain Removal Instructions AppOnline Marketing Video SeriesTechnical Help LineFabricare Membership MagazineWeekly Marketing Email SeriesConsumer BrochuresWindow Decal
- Join Now
Allied Trade Membership
- Priceless Networking OpportunitiesTwo Annual Email Marketing Blasts to DLI's AudienceEncyclopedia of DrycleaningStain Removal Instructions AppGarment Analysis Laboratory & AppDiscounted Advertising in Fabricare MagazineUpgraded Listing in DLI's Buyer's GuideClean Show Floor Space Discounts
- Join Now
Each week, DLI presents new training and informative webinars. Members can tune in and watch live or review the recordings in the archive on demand. DLI launched this weekly training webinars initiative in March 2020. The online archive contains about 40 videos and growing.
All members are invited to participate in weekly DLI Members Only Zoom meetings to band together and share ideas. We host two meetings weekly, centered around a given industry topic or question.
Includes 100+ ready-made social media posts for you to promote your business. We’ve been building this archive since April 2020, adding three new designs each week. All posts include print and social versions. Many also include video versions to attract even more attention online.
A beautiful website, optimized for smartphones and tablets.
Do you need a website or want to upgrade your current site to a design that is ready for any mobile device? DLI provides dry cleaners with a field-tested web design that gives your future customers all the information they need to start using your services.
Grow your Facebook outreach without lifting a finger.
Want to launch a social media strategy for your company but don't have the time or expertise? Let DLI post weekly curated content to your business Facebook page that's engaging and shareable. Posts are always professional and your account stays under your control.
Don't let ruined garments hurt your wallet or reputation.
Want to know why a garment got distorted or who is liable? Open DLI's Garment Analysis app, fill out a short form, and take some pictures. Then sit back and wait for a report with all the details you and your customers need to settle the problem.
Can't get the information you need online? Mail the garment to DLI for an in-depth evaluation by one of our expert drycleaners.
Step-by-step stain removal instructions for any fabric.
Are there stains or fabrics your staff have difficulty cleaning? DLI has created an app that guides your staff through the toughest garments on the spotting board. Pick a stain, pick a fabric, then follow the stain removal instructions. It's that simple.
A database of dry cleaning guides at your fingertips.
A customer's jacket became discolored and they blame you. How do you convince them it was a manufacturer issue? For quick answers open the Encyclopedia of Drycleaning app and search hundreds of dry cleaner articles.
Resident courses help company staff:
- Learn the latest in drycleaning technology.
- Streamline production.
- Reduce the occurrence of damaged garments.
- Lower labor costs.
- Increase customer satisfaction.
Our hands-on learning process allows students to master lessons in an optimal environment. Lectures are broken down into manageable chunks and applied soon afterwards on the latest industry equipment to accelerate learning.
Get a proper drycleaning education anywhere in the world. Learn about:
- Fabrics and Fibers
- Stain Removal
- Finishing Procedures
- Drycleaning Fundamentals
- Customer Service
- Business Management
- Drycleaning and the Environment
In-depth training videos on a host of topics, including:
- Quality Pants Finishing
- Quality Coat Finishing
- Quality Shirt Finishing
- Inspection Perfection
- Basic Stain Removal
- Advanced Stain Removal
- Quality Finishing Techniques
- Customer Service
Reach new customers and grow customer retention. Course sections include:
- Understanding your market
- Email marketing
- Facebook marketing
- Instagram marketing
- Outsource strategies
- The power of positioning
- The power of audio
Awarded to DLI professionals that demonstrate a high level of professional expertise, customer service, and consistent quality cleaning, DLI’s Award of Excellence is marketable recognition that tells customers and prospects they can trust your business to deliver outstanding service and quality.
Show your customers that your employees are experts in their field with DLI’s certification programs.
DLI offers three certifications: Certified Environmental Drycleaner, Certified Professional Drycleaner, Certified Professional Wetcleaner. Once you have achieved all three certifications, you are part of a select few known as “Certified Garment Care Professionals.”
Exams may be taken from the convenience of your home computer— any time of day. Administered online during one week testing periods.
DLI provides laundry performance evaluations to measure textile life and overall performance of washing formulas in order to maintain quality control in the laundry plant.
- Return the cleanest and whitest whites and brightest brights to your customers.
- Solvent quality found in many plants causes dingy, gray whites after only one cleaning.
- Offered in single and money-saving packages.
- Available for your drycleaning and laundry.
DLI's award-winning membership magazine is packed with the latest industry information, solutions for problem garments, legislative reports, marketing ideas, production tips, business strategies, and more. Print edition includes newly-issued bulletins. Mailed quarterly to every member.
This monthly email series and members-only archive shares consumer-ready articles that answer common questions. Use these articles on your website, blog, social media pages, newsletter, press releases, or anywhere you like.
Weekly email digest of the latest consumer marketing tips that can help you grow your business. Includes case studies & drycleaner strategies. New issues arrive weekly on Monday morning.
DLI is constantly researching and cleaning the latest clothing and fabrics. Our Heads Up! Email Series informs you on problem garments and helps you catch mistakes before they happen.
Stay informed with a curated list of online industry-related topics. New issues arrive every Tuesday morning.
DLI has partnered with industry-focused companies that help drycleaners save money on:
- Human Resources Management (Seay Management Consultants)
- Fabricare Insurance (National Fire and Indemnity Exchange)
- Legal Resources (Kollman & Saucier)
- Payment Processing (TSYS)
- Energy Programs (APPI Energy)
- Route App Services (Starchup)
- Management Consulting (Methods For Management)